Back pain is one of the most common causes of work loss. Problems related to the lower back injury can touch many aspects of a person’s life. Fortunately, lower back pain management with physical therapy is usually sufficient, and the vast majority of back pain does not require surgery. Our PTs have high-level training in techniques to manage this problem, incorporating a hands-on, exercise-oriented approach.
While not all lower back pain is the same, your treatment should be specific to your symptoms and condition. Once the examination is complete, your Activo physical therapist will evaluate the results, identify the factors contributing to your specific back problem, and design an individualized treatment plan to improve or restore mobility and reduce your pain.
Treatments may include:
- Manual therapy, including spinal mobilization to improve the mobility of joints and soft tissues
- Specific strengthening and flexibility exercises.
- Education regarding how you can take better care of your back.
- Training for proper lifting, bending, and sitting, whether at work or home, and for correct sleeping positions.
- Use of ice or heat treatments and other modalities to help relieve pain.
- Assistance in creating a safe and effective physical activity program to improve your overall health and well-being.